Championing the value of occupational therapy
Can you spare a few minutes to make a difference to your profession?
Whether you have 5 minutes or 5 days you can make a difference to your profession by playing your part. If you have some spare time why not try out one of these…
If you have...
... 5 minutes
Join our thriving public presence on the popular social networking site Facebook.
Follow COT on Twitter and receive our latest tweets on all aspects of occupational therapy—and begin tweeting to gather a few followers of your own!
Highlight for COT members provides updates on what's happening, events and other relevant information. To sign up, email Olivia.Lokko@cot.co.uk.
... 10 minutes
- Send us your feedback on a recent event you've attended or service you've accessed through BAOT/COT
- Recruit a fellow member and help them gain access to the latest occupational therapy information
... 15 minutes
- Read a British Journal of Occupational Therapy (BJOT) or Occupational Therapy News (OTnews) article from the latest edition
Broaden your knowledge and understanding of OT.
- Download and personalise promotional resources:
... 30 minutes
... 1 hour
A group of members can start a local group. All you need to do is register the group with BAOT and benefit from our support.
As a registered local group, why not organize a local event?
- Set up a stand in your PCT over lunch time to inform staff and the public about OT
Contact us for freebies and leaflets - email Vandita.Chisholm@cot.co.uk.
... a few hours a year
BAOT allocates you a region when you join. Get in touch with your regional group and get involved. You could speak to a group of school children about OT as a career, help out at a careers fair, network or organise an event.
- Help on the COT stand at events and exhibitions
... 5 days a year
Each BAOT region has its own board that meets 4 times a year and decides how money will be spent to help members in that region. There are lots of different roles from chairing the meetings, treasurer, coordinating career promotion visits, supporting networks of local groups or promoting membership of BAOT.
Take just 5 days out of the year and make a difference.