COT SS - Work
Supporting people to remain in, return to, or obtain work is a key function of occupational therapy.
We passionately believe that occupational therapists have a major role to play in this exciting and multi-faceted enterprise. We work with other organisations in order to foster good relationships and champion our unique contribution as occupational therapists.
Our Specialist Section includes members from both private and statutory sectors and encompasses practitioners from mental health, learning disability and physical settings.
- Here are some new case studies (April 2016):
- Case study: Back pain
- Case study: Mental health (Schizophrenia)
- Case study: Shoulder pain
- Case study: Functional capacity evaluation and a cognitive assessment
- NEW: read the chair's blog on Balancing work & cancer about the Macmillan Cancer Support Work Service at the Edinburgh Cancer Centre using occupational therapy to assess patients
Brain Injury Forum presentation:
AHP fit note talk - Phillips Julie (Nottingham Traumatic Brain Injury Service)
Joanne Pratt Travel Grant Award
In memory of the Occupational Therapist, Joanne Pratt, the COT Specialist Section Work in collaboration with The Caledonian University, offers members two travel grants for national and/or international research activities.