COT SS - Mental Health
We advocate a holistic approach towards clients with mental health problems
COT Specialist Section - Mental Health has a well-established network of members who support each other's professional development, and work cooperatively to shape and influence mental health and well-being national policy.
- Find out more about becoming a member and the membership benefits involved.
NICE Quality Standard - Psychosis and Schizophrenia in adults - Implications for occupational therapists
February 2015 saw the launch of this new Quality Standard which has been endorsed by COT. The quality statements cover a wide range of topics including supported employment programmes, healthy eating and physical activity, carer support groups, family interventions and CBT for psychosis.
Mental Health Clinical Forums
Clinical Forums of COT Specialist Section - Mental Health facilitate debate, networking, innovation and news in a specific domain of practice. Clinical Forums have annual national study days that influence practice and support the Specialist Section. These study days also support CPD activity and the development of OT in mental health. Outcomes of the study day form part of the Specialist Section annual report.
- Find out more about the 'Eating Disorders Forum'; and the
- Forensic Forum, which is concerned with those who have a history or risk of offending.
- We currently have an active Regional Subgroup for Scotland, with groups for England, Northern Ireland and Wales in development.
Tips for students:
- Find the 10 Top tips for students who are about to undertake a practice placement with people with mental health problems