COT SS - Independent Practice
We support occupational therapists working in the independent sector
COT SS - Independent Practice represents occupational therapists who are self-employed or work for employers outside of the NHS and local authority sector - including private occupational therapy practices, housing associations, equipment manufacturers and retailers, private medical facilities and insurance companies.
Joining COTSS-Independent Practice will offer you the following benefits:
- The chance to attend one of our Start-up Training Workshops if you’re thinking about moving into independent practice or have already taken the first steps.
- A unique opportunity to market your practice to potential customers with a listing in our popular online directory of independent occupational therapists www.cotss-ip.org.uk/find
- Discounts or a range of business services, including indemnity insurance.
- Information, including our Start Up Pack for new members, our bi-monthly e-newsletter, briefing papers, email updates, our telephone helpline and our email enquiry service.
- Opportunities to keep up-to date with developments in the sector and meet other independent occupational therapists by attending our annual conference and/or joining one of our regional networks.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities to help you constantly improve the quality of the services you provide to your clients.
We also have a Medico-legal Forum, which provides support and advice for members working as independent witnesses in the legal system.
For more information:
- Visit the Independent Practice website
- Call the Professional Practice Enquiries Service at the College of Occupational Therapists on 020 7450 2330
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org